Underground is the best transport for the big city. There are some reasons:
- Speed. There are no cross-roads, traffic jams, traffic lights for metrotrains. It's the fastest transport.
- Safety. Cars, buses, trams sometimes crash. And people die on the roads...
- Ecology. Electric trains do no exhausts.
- Economy. When people move faster, safer - it's a big economy, millions of dollars for the big city.
- Views of the city. More roads, more cars - less trees, parks. It is not beatiful perspective.
- 1979 - the population of Kazan city became more than 1 mln. inh.
- 1983 - geological works started.
- 1987 - the plan was ready.
- By the plan of 1988th year construction had to start in 1992.
- 1991 - USSR falls to pieces.
- 1996 - financial documents were done.
- 1997 - construction of the first line begun.
- 2000 - The first LOVAT started to work.
- 2005 - the first line begun to work